After spending a prolonged period of time inside your warm and cozy home, perhaps it is time to look outside. The little ones may also need some fresh Winter air. There are many reasons to wander outside into the cold weather. Outdoor activities in the wintertime are not confined to only building snowmen, that is, only if you actually have snow.
Simple And Free Activities
After the hustle and bustle of the Christmas holidays, many may want to take a break from spending extra amounts of cash. One need not to hide indoors to enjoy some winter activities.
- Winter Sunset: – After the Winter Solstice, our daytime hours become shorter and shorter. Therefore, that means that our winter sunset also arrives earlier. You just need to look for a nice and large community park and sit back!
- Winter Sunrise: – You can also visit the same area that you watched sunset for the sunrise. However, for a fancier sunrise, try driving a bit further away from the city and away from the lights. Then, grab some blankets and enjoy the view.
- Holiday lights: – Even though Christmas is over, some folks still have their Christmas lights up. Take a walk around the neighbourhood to absorb the last few nights of past festivities.
- Volunteer Work: – Have you ever thought of helping out at your local soup kitchen? Wintertime cold temperatures affect the less fortunate folks out there. Soup kitchens brings a lot of warmth at these chilly times. It’s always a great way to give back to the community.
Fantastic And Fancier Outdoor Activities
Perhaps you have toiled hard and even have received a bonus from work last month! Maybe it is time for you to really treat yourself and the people around you.
- Chocolate or cheese tasting: – Search for local chocolate and cheese shops. You can purchase an assortment and perhaps even learn a thing or two from the shopkeepers!
- Attend a Comedy show: – Holiday season can be very stressful. Why not gather a group your closest friends and spend some time laughing together?
- Visit A Spa: – Take some time to unwind and relax. You can either just have a simple manicure to an extensive reflexology session. It’s all up to you.
All in all, January can be cold outside, but very warm inside. Agree?
22 thoughts on “Outdoor Activities for January (Part Two)”
Very interesting, I haven’t been to a comedy show in a long time. Thank you for sharing these ideas.
These are really great ideas. I’d love to visit a spa
This is a great list! I need to get outdoors and beat these January blues!
All great ideas! A spa sounds very nice right about now
These are great! It’s so easy to get stuck inside and do the same things over and over again. I’m definitely guilty of staying in to watch Netflix, when I should be getting outside. Thanks for sharing!
Great post! You have some great ideas to get rid of the January blues ?
Louise | http://www.loudoestravel.com
Yes I like to ve all wrapped up ha! Although I don’t mjnd frosty sunny walks!
Lola Mia x
Chocolate and cheese tasting! Yes please!!
Thank you for sharing! I definitely need a spa day.
There is surely a lot of fun & free activities to do during the winter. Thanks for sharing!
I’m totally agree! Great post! Now I want to visit a spa ?
Awesome content! Keep it up!
Great list! Visiting a spa is probably one of my favorite things to do 🙂
Such nice ideas! Things like watching a sunset are such beautiful free ways of spending time. A spa day would also be amazing!
Visiting a spa is such a great idea! Lovely blog and lovely post btw. Julia x
I can’t stand the cold.. so I’m all for the indoor activities! I do love seeing the houses lit up before Christmas when you drive through a neighborhood!
Great ideas on winter activities. That sunset shot is absolutely magical!
Those are great tips/ideas!!! Thanks for sharing x
Anaïs | http://anais-n.com
Some genuinely interesting points you have written.Helped me a lot, just what I was looking for :D. https://magsoles.org/
Some great ideas and fab pictures too!
Nice and affordable ideas! I like the comedy show and volunteer work suggestions. Perfect ways to help others and get some fun entertainment for yourself
Natonya | https://www.justnatonya.wordpress.com
Love these ideas! January is the perfect time for some pampering spa time after the stress of the holidays, travel delays, etc. I’ve been thinking about booking a massage, thanks for the reminder! On a cold day, even a warm mud bath sounds great, lol.