December is here! The Christmas holiday spirit is very apparent throughout our city. However, I am sure that there are a lot of different fun activities that are happening in your city too. As a parent, December can be a very expensive and stressful time.
First of all, many parents are doing a lot shopping for presents. Then, they are getting really tense about preparing for all the different parties and gift exchanges. Now, let us take a step back. We need to pause to discover five fun and almost free Christmas activities in our city instead!
Five Fabulous Christmas Family-Friendly Activities
1) Bright Nights At Stanley Park: Of the five activities, this popular event happens inside Stanley Park, which is a very large garden right near our downtown core. Initially, families can enter the park by donation. Afterwards, visitors can purchase train tickets to ride on the Christmas miniature train.
(This event starts from November 28 to January 1, except on December 25, Christmas Day.)
2) Gingerbread House Lane at the Hyatt: Many of our local talents from different bakeries, and cooking schools build wonderful gingerbread houses. Even students from local schools participate in this gingerbread house baking competition. Then, visitors are welcome to vote for their favourite creations. Hence, from November 30 to December 31, 2019, you can go and admire their creative baking creations.
3) Christmas at Canada Place: The Canada Place is where you can bring the little ones to view the beautiful and bright displays. So, as a family, you can participate in an assortment of fun and free art activities. Canada Place is open for visitors from December 6 to January 1, 2019.
4) Ice Skating at Robson Square: So, if you own a pair of skates, you can skate for free at Robson Square’s outdoor rink! Therefore, you can skate to your heart’s content from 9am to 9pm. All this occurs till the end of February. If you do not own a pair of skate, you can rent a pair for just $4!
5) Holiday Hi-Light Festival at Park & Tilford: This shopping centre has its own garden. Therefore, they decorate it with an abundance of Christmas lights and decorations. It isn’t as epic as the ones that I have mentioned. However, it still has live entertainments, and a visiting Santa!! Proceeds go to the City and District of North Vancouver Fire Fighters Societies.
As you can see, there are quite a lot of activities that the families in our neighbourhood! Which one would you love to visit?